Distiller’s Dried Grains with Soluble (DDGS) is by product of Ethanol industry. DDGS can be used for feed material, it came from the dried residue remaining after the starch fraction of maize which fermented with yeasts to produce ethanol. Following fermentation, the ethanol is removed by distillation and the remaining fermentation residues are dried.
DDGS is an excellent source of digestible protein and energy for animal. It is highly palatable with a good source of readily available low-cost organic phosphorus and high in protein. DDGS continues to be a high quality, high energy, mid-protein, high digestible phosphorus ingredient that is frequently used in significant amounts beef, dairy, poultry, swine, and aquaculture feeds to provide excellent nutritional value often at a reduced cost.
- Animal feed
- High palatable and high amino acids profile
- High digestability due to Phytic acid control in DDGS
- Low moisture to reduce pathogenic fungi, bacteria and salmonella longer shelf life
- Low anti-nutritional factors
- Contain of Vitamin B-complex, promote palatability and increase feed consumption
- Phosphorus present in DDGS reduce requirement of Dicalcium phosphate and thus reduces cost of ration in the feed