Nothing is more important to humans than food
Just think about the population of the world growing day by day which is increasing the demand for food. To worsen this case, farmlands have reduced. Further, nowadays people don’t just need food, they need “Quality Food”. This is the point where chemicals have entered the food industry to resolve the problem.
Chemicals in Food?
Yes, they have ensured that you receive your daily meal on your table the way you expect the quality to be, in spite of increasing demands. It can be in food in some of the below forms:
- Food colorings
- Food acids
- Flavoring agents
Why do we need chemicals in the food industry?
To preserve your food
What is the point in having the tastiest food manufactured that perishes before it reaches your consumer
- Preservatives prevent spoiling by controlling the microorganism growth in food
- It is essential for products that need to be transported to retail sites far away or need to be stored at a place as inventory
Commonly used preservatives include:
To enrich it with Anti-oxidants
Anti-oxidants in foods act as preservatives by inhibiting the effect of oxygen so that it doesn’t become rancid. They are primarily added to oils, cheese, etc.
To provide artificial sweetness
Think of these whenever you feel a sip of your sweet coffee
- Sweeteners don’t contribute to carbohydrates but provide only the sweetness that is required with zero calories, making it a perfect choice for diet concerned appetite.
- It is used in the place of sugar and it will be way sweeter than the same quantity of sugar.
To provide the perfect color for the food
To attract your customer’s attention & to kindle their favorite choice
Food-grade coloring chemicals serve two purposes for namely,
- To attract the customers and to have a brand familiarity, in some cases.
- To replace the color lost during preparation or it is added to increase its perceptiveness.
They serve a wide range of uses such as act as preservatives, anti-oxidants, etc. It also alters the alkalinity of the food. Commonly used food acids include:
To add an extra flavor
Flavor creates a sense of nativity and attraction
- They enhance the flavor of the food and gives a particular smell or taste to it
- Texture and flavor are important parameters to be taken care of before you market your product
It is used to stabilize an emulsion. Commonly found in basic food items like mayonnaise, ice cream, and homogenized milk
- Stabilizers, thickeners, gelling agents, etc gives food a good texture.
- One of its use is in the jam as it contains various components that need to be well mixed and stabilized to prevent dis-integrating.
Looking to purchase chemicals for your industry? For a trusted supplier?For assured delivery on time? Visit our website at chemtradeasia.com